Basic Question -- 6.20 OFW

Cloud

Hey DashHacks community,

I'm brand new to the forums and I have a basic question to which I would appreciate any brief responses to! Researching PSP modding for a while, I just purchased a Metal Gear Bundle PSP showing 6.20 OFW in system information, thus it's my understanding that I can install the latest 6.39 CFW.

1. With so many options, I'm basically wondering what is the most popular method for modding 6.20 OFW to 6.39? Do I have a choice between permanent and non-permanent firmware?

2. Is there a significant difference between 6.39 Pro-B7, B8, B9, or LME, or ME?

3. With CFW installed, is it still possible to play retail UMD disks or PSN Store downloaded games, for instance, I know Socom Fireteam Bravo 3 requires an activation code to play online. Is all of this possible with CFW, or must I inevitable download Sony's latest 6.60 OFW in order to play PSN games online?

Despite my research, PSP modding is quite deep and there's lots of options, thus I appreciate any responses or opinions enormously. Cheers.

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, software to modify apps etc.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…