Faxanadu game genie codes (for NES)

the place for the Nintendo Entertainment System or NES Game Genie and Pro Action Replay codes! (some codes are official and others are unofficial)

final kaoss

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
clear.gif
clear.gif

AXXSNTAP Double starting power
AUXSNTAP Triple starting power
IASEPSZA Half normal amount of Gold
GPSEPSZA Double normal amount of Gold
AEENEZZA Infinite magic
AVXVGPSZ Jump in direction you are facing
GXOGZESV + GXOKLESV Infinite power
AAUTAEOY + AAKTPAKY + AAUTZAPA Slow mode
SXXNUOSE + SXUYUOSE + SXUNUOSE Infinite Gold

Re: Faxanadu game genie codes

Infinite Health, SXOKTESE
RAM,431

Infinite MP, SXKKYESE
RAM,39A

Experience,
RAM,390,391

Infinite Gold,
SXXNUOSE
SXUYUOSE
SXUNUOSE

RAM,392,393,394

The King gives you 2297600 Gold,
PEKYVOKT
PEKNVOST
PESYVPAA

Equip,
Weapon,
RAM,3BD

Armor,
RAM,3BE

Shield,
RAM,3BF

Start with the Dragon Slayer, Battle Helmet, Death Spell and Demon Ring, LANOYSNY

Start with Battle Suit, Fighter Rank, Pendant, Black Onix and 197379 Gold, LANPPIAA

Start with Wing Boots, Hour Glass, Glove and Ointment Effect, LVUGAVNY

Infinite Ointment Time, SXUKNEVK
RAM,427

Infinite Glove Time, SXXGVEVK
RAM,428

Infinite Wing Boots Time, SXXKTSVK
RAM,429

Infinite Hour Glass Time,SXNGTSVK
RAM,42A

Number of Weapons [Note 4] 0c32 0?

Weapon In Menu Mod [Note 5] 039D 0?

Number of Armors [Note 4] 03C3 0?

Armor in Menu Mod [Note 6] 03A1 0?

Number of Shields 03C4 0?

Shield in Menu Mod [Note 7] 03A5 0?

Number of Magics 03C5 0?

Magic in Menu Mod [Note 8] 03A9 ??

Number of Items 03C6 0?

Item in Menu Mod [Note 9] 03AD 0?

Can Always Levitate [Note 10] 00A5 80

Some Kind of Room Mod, or NPC Mod, or combination of the two...[Note 11] 0024 ??

Another 0064 ??

And Another 0065 ??

Note 1: With this, enemies can't even touch you; just walk through'em. Don't worry - you can touch them, heh.

Note 2: Bleh, this only works on some NPCs (mostly enemies). When it does work, the value 00 will paralyze whatever enemy it affects. There are quite a few other values that have varied effects; play around if you like.

Note 3: This seems to work on the first NPC in every screen. When the value 0F is used, NPCs affected assume the behavior of one of the bosses (the dragon thingy that jumps straight into the air,dives down, and shoots three fireballs). Be advised: common townsfolk and shopkeepers can and will shoot fireballs out of their abdomens and kill you. Heheh. 0D will make them send little bug things at you; 01 seems to peg them down in place. Again, there are quite a few other valid values.

Note 4: At 01, one slot will be taken; at 02, two, and so forth.

Note 5: 00's the dagger, 01 the Long Sword, 02 the Giant Blade, 03 the Dragon Slayer (the most powerful weapon), and 05 is the Studded Mail (which somehow hurts all enemies at once from long distances, heh). Those are the most interesting I've seen, although I haven't really messed with anything above 05.

Note 6: 00 is Leather Armor, 01 Studded Mail, 02 Full Plate, 03 Battle Suit

Note 7: 00 is Small Shield, 01 Large Shield, 02 Magic Shield, 03 Battle Helmet

Note 8: 00 is Deluge, 01 Thunder, 02 Fire, 03 Death, 04 Tilte

Note 9: 00's Ring of Elf, 01 Ruby Ring, 02 Ring of Dworf, 03 Demons Ring, 04 Key A, 05 Key K, 06 Key Q, 07 Key J, 08 Key JO, 09 Mattock, 0A Rod, 0B Crystal, 0C Lamp, 0D Hour Glass, 0E Book, 0F Wing Boots, 10 Red Potion

Note 10: This code enables the effect of Wing Boots, all the time.

Note 11: These three addresses seem to modify something to do with NPCs and backgrounds loaded, although several times I've managed to warp to completely different places...somewhere in here's a working room mod.

Note 12: Bleh, I know there's another way to go about those menu content mods, but this is what I came across, and I'm too lazy, and see no sign of any reason, to go find the right way to do things.

Elevation - 00A1 ??

90 - Normal elevation
80 - A couple feet of the ground
60 - Several feet off the ground

Note: This code will cause your character to float at the elevation you specify. However, there is a fairly large downside: if your character isn't moving when you enable the code, he won't be able to until you disable it. If your character is moving when you enable the code, he will continue to float in that direction until you disable the code.

Spider Man Mode(Press up to climb anywhere. Lets you enter doors.) AUKTOEAO GZKINZEL

Faxanadu (PRG1)

EESTTKAA
Super high jump. Best to use this on an emulator and only turn it on when you need to use it. If it's on all the time, you'll probably get stuck somewhere. Very useful where there are high ladders, etc.

LEOAVAAA
Makes most weapons MUCH stronger. You can easily kill the first boss with one hit. Not sure if it works with other weapons yet (will update when I find out). UPDATE: It also works on the Long Sword.

I made a walk thru walls code, but it's pretty much useless (you can get stuck too easily). I may try improving it later. AONTLPEY = WTW (walking right only).

Here's a jump modifier that actually edits the jump stepper. original value is 08, and a value of 70 gets you almost to the top of the screen. I've found 30 to be a good height. Each address needs the same value, so you are still on the ground after you jump.

The hard-coded Y-pos(difference) stepper starts at $E4D6 and ends at $E4F5, ($3E4D6 and $3E4F5 in the rom) and these codes edit these two addresses. You could edit the whole stepper to make the jump smoother, but you'd need another 20 codes.

Values at 30, around double height-
AUSTTKAA
AUNTIKAA

Values at 60, really high jump
AVSTTKAA
AVNTIKAA

Like the other code a couple of posts up, a really high jump in the wrong place will get you stuck. If you find yourself stuck below ground, and you're using an emulator, you can change $00A1 to 0x00, and you'll drop from the sky.

ASOKPSAZ
Wing Boots last twice as long.

LAEAZZAA
Makes magic MUCH stronger (only tested on Deluge so far). Example: Deluge's damage is increased from 6 to 145.

This is the same type of code as the "stronger weapons" code, so it should work on most (or all?) magic. I'll update it when I test it on other magic.

I've always liked "Shop Mod" codes, so...

PANXPGAA
Lets you buy the Long Sword instead of the Small Dagger in the Eolis tool shop (the town where you start the game).

LANXPGAA
Lets you buy the Dragon Slayer instead of the Small Dagger in the Eolis tool shop.

This code can be easily modified to let you buy any item you want in the Eolis Tool Shop. Some of the values are: 00 Small Dagger, 01 Long Sword, 02 Giant Blade, 03 Dragon Slayer, 0F Death (magic), etc. Note that some of the items can't be equipped until later in the game.

I'll make the rest of the shop mod codes tomorrow.

EDIT: I found out that I'll need to make a separate code for each type of item (weapons, magic, etc). If I modify one of the codes above to give me the Death magic, it thinks it's a weapon. I'll get all the codes figured out and posted tomorrow.

Hold Jump button to hop
TPKVZKPP

Also, in honor of one of my favorite SMB3 codes, here's a multi-jump. I wish it was as good as the one for smb3, but it's not, because it won't let you jump at the end of the descent, and you can't change directions mid-air. However, it is good for jumping over enemies and to high places, and I haven't seen it glitch like the moon-jump codes.

I also overwrote a couple of instructions that zeroed the memory at $00B1, so I don't know if that will cause a glitch. I wish I could have done a better one with one code, but the asm doesn't always allow it.

Multi-Jump
VZKTAKOZ
PPKTPGAE
ALKTZGSA
PAKTLGOU

Stage modifier 0003d5 0? Note: (Up to 7) Not sure if stage is the right term, but which area.

Room modifier 0003d6 ?? Note: (01 is a good place to start)

As it turns out, you can buy any item from any slot, but to keep things simple, I used the Small Dagger slot for weapons, the Red Potion slot for items, and the Deluge slot for magic. You can achieve some bizarre results by tricking the game into thinking that a magic spell is a weapon, or that an item is a magic spell etc.
-------------------

Shop modifying codes...

NOTE: These codes can easily be modified to let you buy any item you want in the tool shop in Eolis (the town where you start the game). Some of these items are normally not for sale in shops.

Codes that modify the first item in the tool shop (normally the Small Dagger):

PANXPGAA
Lets you buy the Long Sword instead of the Small Dagger in the Eolis tool shop.
The cost is $400.

ZANXPGAA
Lets you buy the Giant Blade instead of the Small Dagger in the Eolis tool shop.
The cost is $400.

Codes that modify the second item in the tool shop (normally the Red Potion):

OPNXGGEP
Lets you buy the Black Potion instead of the Red Potion in the Eolis tool shop.
The cost is $160.

NANXGGEO
Lets you buy the Wing Boots instead of the Red Potion in the Eolis tool shop.
The cost is $160.

SANXGGEO
Lets you buy the Hourglass instead of the Red Potion in the Eolis tool shop.
The cost is $160.

XANXGGEO
Lets you buy the Magical Rod instead of the Red Potion in the Eolis tool shop.
The cost is $160.

UPNXGGEP
Lets you buy the Pendant instead of the Red Potion in the Eolis tool shop.
The cost is $160.

KPNXGGEP
Lets you buy the Black Onyx instead of the Red Potion in the Eolis tool shop.
The cost is $160.

Codes that modify the fourth item in the tool shop (normally the Deluge Magic):

PVEZZGAT
Lets you buy Thunder magic instead of Deluge magic in the Eolis tool shop. The
cost is $400.

ZVEZZGAT
Lets you buy Fire magic instead of Deluge magic in the Eolis tool shop. The
cost is $400.

LVEZZGAT
Lets you buy Death magic instead of Deluge magic in the Eolis tool shop. The
cost is $400.

GVEZZGAT
Lets you buy Tilt magic instead of Deluge magic in the Eolis tool shop. The
cost is $400.

Move 2x Faster PEKTAZAA Move 3x Faster ZEKTAZAA Move 4x Faster LEKTAZAA Max EXP After Killing 1 Enemy OZVYUPIV NYVYKOSV

AVUZUAEA
Enemies don't move. Doesn't affect bosses. Only tested in early stages of game.

PEXESLAA
Coins that enemies drop are worth more. Only tested in early stages of game.

LEXESLAA
Coins that enemies drop are worth much more. Only tested in early stages of game.

Hit Anywhere(Need to have a weapon) SZUANEGK Enemies Die Automatically(Need to have a weapon) GZEEUAAP GZOAXAEL SZUANEGK

NSOLNEAE
Hand Dagger's reach is greatly increased. You can kill enemies from the opposite end of the screen (as long as they're not above or below you).

NSOLNEAE +
NSOUEAGE
Hand Dagger can reach anywhere on the screen. You can kill enemies no matter where they are on the screen (even if they're above or below you). Also lets you kill the little spiked things.

NSOUOAAO
Long Sword's reach is greatly increased. You can kill enemies from the opposite end of the screen (as long as they're not above or below you).

NSOUOAAO +
NSOUXEAE
Long Sword can reach anywhere on the screen. You can kill enemies no matter where they are on the screen (even if they're above or below you).

NSOUUAAO
Giant Blade's reach is greatly increased. You can kill enemies from the opposite end of the screen (as long as they're not above or below you).

NSOUUAAO +
NSOUKEAE
Giant Blade can reach anywhere on the screen. You can kill enemies no matter where they are on the screen (even if they're above or below you)

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, software to modify apps etc.
Back
Top Bottom