dreamcast white case yellowing with age

Chat about the Sega Dreamcast and get cheat codes for it in the subforums.

cheatengine

Vgcheat Member
I have 4 dreamcasts, 3 of which are white and were created in different batches (August 1999 metal fan heatpipe model, April 2000 black plastic fan model, etc). The white ones have been kept in different places in my parent's house, which is climate controlled, and the consoles have been kept away from direct sunlight and smoke and other things that would contribute to yellowing.

Nevertheless, the three of them are noticeably yellowed - with the exception of the plastic for the modem casing, which is still pure white looking in contrast to the yellowed plastic around it. I guess the plastic for the modems may have been made in a different machine/factory and used a slightly different mixture of chemicals.

I know I could probably get some magic eraser and take off the slight yellow layer and probable make the cases look good as new. Just thought I'd ask if everyone else's DC yellowed much in the last 10 years? Or if there's just something weird about the air in my parent's house :)

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, software to modify apps etc.
Back
Top Bottom