Burning CDI's

Chat about the Sega Dreamcast and get cheat codes for it in the subforums.

cheatengine

Vgcheat Member
Hello, new to this forum, I like what I see! In honor of the 10th Ann of the Dreamcast, I put aside my HD consoles and bot a used Dreamcast off ebay, my first! I've read at least a dozen guides on burning discs, and watched another dozen youtube vids. I've used DiscJuggler and 120 Alcohol, mounting the cdi's in Daemon and doing a disc to disc copy with Nero, but I'm only running about a 20% success rate. Got over 30 coasters in the last 5 days. Some work, some don't, doesn't seem to be any method to the madness. Tried HP media and Taiyo Yuden. Is it possible my used Deamcast has a week laser? At a bit of a loss, as I'm quite sure I'm doing it right. Either my cdi's are bad (lots are from Coolrom.com), something wrong with the banged up old Dreamcast (but when it can read a disc it works great). When they don't work, they show up as audio cd's. Anyone got any suggesions or tips? Thanks

edit w/ more info
I'm using 700MB 80min cd-r's, the free vesion of DiscJuggler, and the trial version of Alcohol. I'm a beta tester for the burning program ImgBurn, which some of you may use for your DVD's & BD's. Unfortunately it won't burn cdi's. I've used it exclusevly for the past 4ish years since DVDDecrypter was closed, and while pretty good with a burner :D I'm not overly familiar with other burning software.

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, software to modify apps etc.
Back
Top Bottom