Lenovo Thinkbook 13s review: ThinkPad influences at a great price

Forum focused on electronics and peripherals. This includes computers, phones, cameras, etc.

Cloud

thinkbook13_1-800x534.jpg
Enlarge (credit: Valentina Palladino)

Lenovo's ThinkPad family has a lot of fans, but not everyone can spend ThinkPad money on a laptop. Designed for small business customers (and regular consumers who want a more privacy-focused machine), Lenovo's new Thinkbooks seem like an experiment to boil the essence of a ThinkPad down into its most important parts and put those pieces in a more affordable package.
On paper, it seems Lenovo has done just that: the new Thinkbook 13s has a stress-tested aluminum body, comfortable keyboard, webcam privacy shutter, fingerprint reader, and other things that you'd find on a ThinkPad machine. But the Thinkbook's attractive starting price of $734 truly helps it stand out as an option for anyone who wants not just a ThinkPad alternative but a relatively affordable Windows machine as well.

Look and feel​

Specs at a glance: Lenovo Thinkbook 13s
WorstBestAs reviewed
Screen13.3-inch 1920×1080p anti-glare IPS non-touch
OSWindows 10 Home 64
CPUCore i5-8265UCore i7-8565UCore i5-8265U
GPUIntel UHD Graphics 620
RAM4GB16GB8GB
Storage128GB*PCIe SSD512GB PCIe SSD256GB PCIe SSD
Networking802.11AC (2 x 2), Bluetooth 5.2
Ports2 x USB-A 3.1, 1 x USB-C, 1 x HDMI, 1 x headphone jack, 1 x power port
Size12.11×8.52×0.63 inches (307.6×216.4×15.9 mm)
Weight2.95 pounds (1.34 kg)
Price$734.30$1,154.30$832.30
Other perksWebcam shutter, fingerprint reader on power button
Screen-Shot-2019-09-04-at-2.13.16-PM-300x169.png

[h=3]Lenovo Thinkbook 13s[/HEADING] $734.30 from Lenovo

(Ars Technica may earn compensation for sales from links on this post through affiliate programs.)

Lenovo tried to give a ThinkPad machine the "modern ultrabook" makeover, and the result is the updated Thinkbook. That's not a derogatory statement—the Thinkbook 13s is quite attractive, and I wouldn't guess that it's a notebook with a $734 starting price. It has a slate gray color scheme that uses a lighter gray color on its anodized aluminum chassis, a darker gray on its keycaps, and shiny accents on the edges of the trackpad and a few other locations. Overall, it looks most akin to an IdeaPad notebook with some design influences from the ThinkPad X lineup.

Read 17 remaining paragraphs | Comments

More...

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, software to modify apps etc.
Back
Top Bottom