"Full Option" Dreamcast mini VGABOX

Chat about the Sega Dreamcast and get cheat codes for it in the subforums.

cheatengine

Vgcheat Member
Hi All,

I'd be interested to know your opinion on this "Full options" mini VGABOX for our cherished Dreamcast ! :mrgreen:

let me explain the particularity of it...

Conventionnal Dreamcast VGABOX do NOT incoporate RGB (Scart) output, but only Composite and S-video. Therefore, when you put your hands on a NON VGA compatible game, you face two options:

1. you switch your conventional VGABOX in "TV mode" and you play through S-video or Composite :sick:

2. you unplug your VGABOX/cable and you put back your old SCART RGB cable which image quality is much better than S-video and Composite

and here we come to the point: this is the main difference of my original VGABOX with others, it incoporates SCART RGB output !
you can thus select the video mode you put the Dreamcast in simply via a tri-state switch (1:VGA, 2:RGB, 3:S-video+Composite)

Moreover, in addition to the classical "line" audio output, this box incoporates an amplifier and +/-volume buttons dedicated to headphones.

here are some pics...

the VGABOX with its SCART cable

audio line output & amplified headphone output (vith +/- volume buttons)

RGB (SCART), S-Video and Composite sockets (from left to right)

Everything connected !

3 positions - "3 colour retro-lit" video mode selection button (1:VGA, 2:RGB, 3:S-video+Composite)

size! (pitty I had no classical VGABOX for comparison when I made the pictures) :mrgreen:

I made 3 prototypes of this mini VGABOX and the design works perfectly !
Sadly, the electronic components inside are quite expensive, the same for the numerous connectors. So I'd like to know if you Dreamcast fans would spend ~60? (production target price) on this item.

depending upon your responses, I might consider to produce it in series...

Our free community is dedicated to US-based video gamers to provide a platform for exchange and support.
Join discussions on cheating, guides, exploits & tips, secrets, mods and so much more!
PSA: we do not support cheating for online/mobile/multiplayer games, which may include trainers,
mod menu's, Exploits, Hacks, Tools & Macros, Bots and so on. (we do allow the posting of such for offline/single player games hoewever, online and multiplayer games is where we draw the line. Phone apps/games for example typically offer a storefront to purchase ingame currency for example; whether it's singleplayer or not, in such games, the aforementioned is not allowed.)
Back
Top Bottom